Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Salt


Dear Angelina,
I am so sorry but I can't give your action film Salt much of a rap as it lacked a little something that is important to a movie. Credibility.
Sure you played a CIA agent accused of being a Russian spy but it doesn't mean I'm going to buy a petite woman, trained as she may be, can overcome the entire secret service, the president's aides and her own company as well.
And still come away looking relatively hot.
I wanted so much to like what I was watching but my interest waned far too early for that. Sure, it was okay but really can't cut it when it comes to the genre.
Better luck next time, maybe the script's holes will be plugged up first.
Cheers.
As I said I really wanted to like Salt but after she went on the run, despite already checking my brain at the door, it kept losing me as the story went on and begun its twists (which were fairly predictable).
I read that Salt was originally meant to have a male lead and Tom Cruise was lined up to play the role. I can see him in this kind of movie but I reckon, given the derivative nature of most of his action films of late, Angelina couldn't have done any worse. Having said that she didn't make it a whole lot better.
A 6 out of 10. Just.

No comments: