Thursday, August 19, 2010

Preferred customer

Ever seen the Jim Carrey movie 'The Cable Guy'?
Not everyone's cup of tea, I don't know whether its the black comedy, but as a character he was very interesting.
Underneath everything he was just looking for a friend. OK, so his method was a little over the top and forceful but at the heart that was his simple quest.
He had a saying when it came to some of the people he 'hooked up' with free cable - he called them preferred customers. This was his way of saying he considered them special friends, in his own deluded way. He thought he could buy friendship.
Anyway, why the Cable Guy recap?
Lately I get the feeling that I'm not going to be a 'preferred customer'. As much as I try it just doesn't seem to happen.
I have some good friends, I'm not doubting that, but just when I think there's one that's out of the ordinary it hits a wall. I know I have issue with expecting too much at times but I really hadn't thought that was a problem.
It just gets harder.
Being a priority would be nice sometimes, not just being accommodated.
Maybe the Cable Guy character isn't so far fetched after all.

No comments: