Sunday, March 21, 2010

The last ten years

I'm not going to attempt to sum up the entirety of the last decade here but I've been thinking a bit about what has happened since 2000.
In chronological order (to the best of my memory) this is a rundown of some events that are notable for various reasons.

I bought my current car
I watched a number of events at the Sydney Olympic Games
I started working at my current place of employment
I appeared on a TV game show
I went on a holiday I won to Moreton Island
I watched in horror on TV as the World Trade Centre came down
I held my nephew on the day he was born
I went to my 10 year high school reunion
I had a job on radio
I moved in with my current housemate
I had my car stolen
I met Andrew Johns
I was diagnosed with a chronic illness
I changed jobs within the company
I made several trips to Melbourne for the races
I met a heap of awesome people, some of whom have had a significant impact on me

It's amazing when you think of ten years as around 3650-odd days. A lot happens in that time - a lot happens in one day sometimes. Friends have come and gone, some are still around, I'm not sure how much closer to understanding myself compared to 2000.
It's safe to say I have learned a lot, had some highs and some pretty major lows.
In some ways I haven't changed much, in others I'm not the same person.

No comments: