Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The 3D rip-off

Being cheap Tuesday I thought I'd head off for a movie after work.
I'd decided on Alice In Wonderland in 3D and when I went to get the ticket I was confronted with 'that's 20 dollars''.
20 bucks! Movies are supposed to be half that price on a Tuesday.
Upon registering my disgust at the ticket price I was told that 3D movies don't come under the cheap Tuesday banner.
Now that might be fair enough if they didn't already charge you extra for seeing a 3D film.
So instead of 10 bucks for the movie and 2 bucks for the 3D glasses (or so I thought) the cost was going to be the usual 17 for the movie, 2 for 3D plus and extra dollar for the glasses.
The only 3D films I've seen have not charged the 3D surcharge and just 2 bucks for glasses.
I decided in protest I wouldn't go today because it's ridiculous that they are already charging extra for the 3D movie so why can't the ticket price come down for cheap Tuesday?

No comments: