Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Six Sacred Stones

I have just last night finished reading the latest Matthew Reilly novel The Six Sacred Stones.
It continues the adventures of Jack West Jr, the Aussie renegade hero from Seven Ancient Wonders.
I have to say Stones is an improvement on the previous book. But it is also a shade frustrating in that it is clearly the middle novel, so Matt hurry up finishing the next one.
If you're not familiar with Reilly's Indiana Jones-style action adventure novel they are well worth reading. I'm not a great reader myself but ever since he gave me a copy of Ice Station about eight years ago I've been hooked.
There are two exceptions to his style in the eight novels he has released and they are Contest and Hover Car Racer. Contest would make an awesome movie, a sci-fi thriller set in, of all places, a library. I can also see Hover Car Racer as a Disney film.
Most of the books well and truly push the boundaries of realism but they are fiction and I guess no less realistic than most action movies. As I said, bring on the next on - I want to know what happens!

No comments: