Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fears and pet peeves

I can't help but be concerned at the moment. The bug hasn't run its course just yet, if that is in fact what it is, and I am awfully frustrated.
I actually went to work today - for an hour - before I decided it was a bad idea and came home. More than anything else tiredness was the issue, despite having had a few good nights sleep in a row, and I was nodding on the train on the way in.
In the end I fell asleep on the couch this afternoon. I don't feel horribly ill or anything but just off, at times I'll have spurts of energy then get tired again. The best thing for this I'd say is rest and the doc said to come back to see him on Thursday if I hadn't picked up.
What all this is raising, of course, is my intense fear of going through what I did almost 12 months ago. While I'm pretty sure that this is not a recurrence, given the lack of symptoms at the moment, it scares the hell out of me.
Some prayer for my state of mind, more than anything else, would be handy. If this is a bug it should run its course soon. I'm just one of those people, maybe it's a guy thing, that gets really frustrated and impatient when I'm sick. I just want to be better and productive.

No comments: