Saturday, February 17, 2007

The O.C. & me

There has always been a kind of hate-hate relationship between myself and The O.C., that is until this week.
After running out of excuses not to try it, and despite being convinced I would really not like it, I've spent much of my spare time this week ripping through season 1 on DVD. OK, so I'm not particularly proud of it but I got hooked.
It could have come from having nothing better to do. I am certainly not going to rush out and add it to the collection though I am curious as to what happens in season 2. The O.C. has at least had an airing on TV here, unlike the far superior One Tree Hill, and wraps up this week.
The main reason for my liking the show is clearly the character of Seth, played by Adam Brody (pictured above). Insecure, witty, sarcastic Seth is what makes the show watchable. He's kind of like the teenage Chandler. I find Marissa intensely annoying and I liked Ryan but only when he wasn't tangled up with Marissa. And why the heck do they have to say `hey' all the time.
Anyway, to sum up my O.C. experience. Pleasantly surprised, a tad curious about what happens next but happy to be obsessed with a better all-round show.

No comments: