Friday, April 20, 2018

Simon

People come and go, you've got to accept that as fact.
I'm pretty sure Simon has gone and it's something I'm not overly happy about but I don't think it's something I can change.
Yeah that comes across as a bit mysterious and melodramatic.
Simon is someone I've known for quite a while, I actually don't remember exactly how long, and someone whose views I always valued. He also pushes me.
I think everyone needs someone who tries to make you a better version of yourself. He's very switched on and has a steely constitution, though I have seen it crack once or twice to remind me he is actually human.
He's emotionally strong, I find it hard to be sometimes.
I'm not sure exactly where along the way we started to move in different directions, though I suspect it's more him moving and me staying put. Eventually, I couldn't keep up.
I'm not blaming Simon for anything. If there is blame to be thrown around it's likely it should be shot back at me. And it's a shame.
Ultimately any relationship, be it professional or personal, lives and dies through how much attention it is given and as much as I hate to say it....
Cheers, Simon. I never quite felt good enough to be in the inner sanctum. I'm just sorry I was right.

No comments: