Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wake up call

Sometimes when you're supposed to learn something the lesson is subtle, other times it's a lot more obvious.
At the moment I'm not sure which category this falls into but there has definitely been a wake up call over the past few days and now I know I have to change.
I always take my health seriously though at times I am guilty of oversights and lack of really thinking things through. No more.
Aside from my desire to improve as far as overall fitness goes - which I will be starting on shortly once my gym program starts (yes, I did get that done) - I've been pretty poor at keeping an eye on myself.
We all take risks from time to time, calculated ones mostly. I didn't knowingly take a risk but ultimately I am still responsible.
Yes, I've had a bit of a scare and it's not going to be clear for a while whether anything bad will come of it. My feeling is that everything is going to be fine but until you know for sure then it is hard to be completely certain. There's always a little doubt.
While I have to sit it out for a period it is time for an attitude change. A time to discover what it is I really want and how best to achieve it.
Hopefully it's just a subtle lesson.

No comments: