Sunday, May 23, 2010

A bit of a stretch

There was a moment yesterday when I seriously thought I was, at best, going to throw up and at worst maybe pass out.
It was shortly after completing a pilates class, my first ever, something I think I seriously underestimated in terms of what it takes out of you if you haven't done anything like that in a very long time.
It took a little bit of time before I started to feel better but actually I was surprised how quickly I bounced back, especially after feeling quite shaky when the class finished.
So this morning I have fairly sore hamstrings but otherwise feel pretty good.
I'm not rushing out to do another class tomorrow but next time, which will probably be in a couple of weeks, I'll not only know what I'm in for but will be able to pace myself better.
I guess, as my friend Simon (who I do thank for encouraging me to go) pointed out, I did push myself a little bit more than I should have.
I do have to say that I find gyms pretty intimidating and that doesn't help!
Then last night I had an unexpected run in with the fuzz.
Driving home from dinner in Parramatta, I was trying to work my way through a few side streets when the lights began flashing above the car behind me.
For a few seconds there I was thinking, 'I didn't indicate at my last turn' and 'I hope this isn't a one way street'. Then I was randomly breath tested, my licence checked and I was on my way.
As someone who doesn't drink alcohol I've got to be careful what I say when they ask 'have you had anything to drink tonight' because I don't want to come across as smug even though I'm pretty sure I'm thinking that they're wasting their time testing me.
Anyway, a bit of R&R today after an eventful Saturday.

No comments: