Friday, March 04, 2011

How to take control

Something has to change and it has to start changing now.
I have a lack of control, a lack of focus and a lack of stability and that has to stop and stop now.
It all sounds so easy to turn things around in theory - I know that it is far from easy in practice.
I believe I have to take a few small steps in order to regain some stability and some control over life (well the things I can control anyway).

This is what I have in mind.
1. practice some form of relaxation or meditation daily. Doesn't have to be hours but at least 10 minutes of reflection and calming.
2. exercise daily, a 30 minute walk at the least.
3. make sure I get enough sleep, 7 hours would be ideal as a base.
4. rein in the unhelpful thoughts. Replace with more logical or positive thought patterns.
5. stop having unrealistic expectations about myself.
6. have some fun and try to enjoy things more.
7. stretch daily.

Habits are hard to break but they are harder to form. Hopefully I can get into some if not all of these good habits fairly quickly. Wish me luck.

No comments: